Everything You Need to Know About Fillings
Dental fillings are a common treatment that many people have experienced, and it's an effective option for many patients. Even if you keep up with your regular at-home oral care as well as your regular professional cleanings, cavities can still occur. It's vital to get these filled as soon as possible, which is one of the reasons going to those regular dentist appointments is so important! This ensures that a simple cavity doesn't become a more progressed form of tooth decay, causing a root canal.
What to Expect with a Routine Filling
- Numbing: First, your dentist will numb the area around the affected tooth to avoid any pain during the procedure.
- Removing the tooth decay: Your dentist will then remove the decayed portion of your tooth to ensure that it does not spread in the future, and to allow a filling to be properly administered.
- Cleaning: Once any decay has been cleared away, your dentist will clean the tooth completely of any bacteria.
- Filling: Depending on the type of filling you are receiving, your dentist will then administer the filling to your tooth. Tooth-colored fillings are often applied in layers, and a light is used to harden each layer.
- Polishing: After the filling is complete, your dentist will clean and polish the tooth so it feels normal next to your other teeth!
Depending on your unique needs, this process can vary, but your dentist can always give you a more exact idea of what you can expect based on your oral health.
Tooth Colored Fillings in Nederland TX
Tooth colored fillings are a great option for new cavities, and they are also a great option if you have a filling that needs to be replaced. Older technology can sometimes leave patients with discolored fillings after many years, and our team can help you remove and replace your fillings for a natural and clean looking tooth. The best way to find out what treatments are best for your needs is to consult with an experienced dentist!
If you have any questions about tooth-colored fillings, or about the process, feel free to contact our office at any time for more information! Our team is always happy to answer any questions you may have, and we can schedule an appointment to get started right away. We look forward to helping you have a healthy smile!