Caring for Your Dentures
If you have dentures or partial dentures in southeast Texas, you might be wondering about the best way to care for them and make them last.
Dr. Whitney Gomez creates comfortable, esthetic dentures for our clients. He takes great pride in creating dentures that allow our patients to enjoy a varied diet, smile confidently, and feel great about the way they look.
Dentures do require some special care. Some denture care tips:
- Use a cleaner designed for dentures
- Rinse dentures after eating
- Use a denture brush to remove tartar and debris
- Clean your mouth after removing your dentures
- Keep your dentures in water or cleaner when not in use
- Rinse your dentures before putting them in your mouth
- Be careful not to drop your dentures in the sink or on the floor
- Report any damage to your dentures to your dentist
- Bring your dentures to your dental exam appointments
What to avoid with denture care:
- Do not use hot water
- Do not let your dentures dry out
- Avoid whitening toothpaste or abrasives
- Do not use bleaching agents on your dentures
- Never boil your dentures
It is still important to maintain regular dental exams, even if you have dentures. Regular dental exams allow Dr. Gomez to examine your dentures and to examine your mouth for any denture sores.
We also provide an oral cancer screening at your regular dental exam. Often, your dentist is the first line of defense when it comes to oral cancer. This exam could save your life!
Dentures in Nederland TX
Dentures may need to be replaced every few years to ensure a good fit. Partial dentures may need to be replaced or adjusted if you lose teeth.