If you have a fear of the dentist, you may be searching for someone who provides sedation dentistry in Southeast Texas. Dr. Whitney Gomez knows that millions of Americans suffer from some level of dental anxiety. Do you worry about dental appointments or even put them off because you are afraid or too anxious to relax? Dr. Gomez has a solution that will put your mind at ease.
Sedation Dentistry Facts
- We will take a medical history to make sure sedation dentistry is safe for you.
- We will determine the appropriate level of sedation that will work for you based on your past experience and height and weight.
- You will take the medication in our office where we can monitor your vitals during treatment.
- It will take about an hour for your medication to take effect. Then we will begin treatment.
- Sedation dentistry is helpful in relieving anxiety and it also reduces the gag reflex for patients who suffer from gagging during their dental appointments.
- Sedation dentistry can assist anesthetic. Stress hormones work against anesthetic. Sedation dentistry allows anesthetic to work more effectively.
- You will need someone to drive you home from your appointment because you will feel groggy.
- You should be able to resume your regular routine the next day.
Sedation Dentistry in Southeast TX
If you want to learn more about sedation dentistry in Southeast Texas, contact us to schedule a sedation dentistry consultation.
Dr. Whitney Gomez is committed to helping you gain a healthy smile without letting stress about dental appointments standing in the way.
Our friendly team will make you feel comfortable from the moment you walk in the door.